As a teenager I co-authored a book comparing the competing cosmologies in 1968. They were the Big Bang Theory (BBT) and the Steady State Theory (SST). Even though the discovery of the cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation provided a big boost to big bang theories at that time, I preferred the SST because it had no origin in time. You see, I was an atheist then and I reasoned that if the Universe had no beginning then it didn’t need a Creator and thus I had no God that I needed to obey.
The fact that the BBT has an origin in time—a unique past boundary—has been particularly vexing for the atheist believers in that cosmogony. Using various approaches the BB theorists have been trying to eliminate the beginning, by replacing the Creator with an eternal quantum potential, which existed for eternity past, and then 13.8 billion years ago exploded into the big bang universe, … or, so they say. For now though, they are stuck with the universal origin in a singularity, which in itself has led them to worshipping the Universe itself.
The explanation given in the Bible I now find so much more satisfying. Any cosmogony, which attempts to correctly describe real history, must be consistent with and follow not only the biblical time scale but also follow the sequence of events in the Genesis account. I present a very brief summary of a few biblical creationist models. These models acknowledge the eternal Creator God as the source of everything in the Universe.
An illustrated talk presented at the Creation Ministries International 2016 Creation SuperCamp at The Tops Conference Centre, NSW, 9:45 pm Wednesday January 6, 2016.
Video of Powerpoint presentation
This is the sequel to Piercing the ‘Darkness’—The bankruptcy of big-bang thinking and its ‘dark’ fudge factors.
An eternal quantum potential as Powerpoint slides (11.3 MB)
An eternal quantum potential as PDF (1.4 MB)
Related Reading and Viewing
- Piercing the ‘Darkness’ —The bankruptcy of big-bang thinking and its ‘dark’ fudge factors
- An eternal big bang universe
- Starlight and time: Is it a brick wall for biblical creation?
- The Anisotropic Synchrony Convention model as a solution to the creationist starlight-travel-time-problem — PART I
- The Anisotropic Synchrony Convention model as a solution to the creationist starlight-travel-time-problem — PART II
- Cosmology’s Achilles’ heel
- Lemaitre’s cosmology leads back to Rome
- The big bang is pagan philosophy
- Cosmic mythology: Exposing the big bang as philosophy not science
- Cosmology is Not Science
- Big Bang Fudge Factors
- ‘Cosmology is not even astrophysics’
- ‘Dark photons’: Another cosmic fudge factor
- The big bang is not a Reason to Believe!
- On the origin of universes by means of natural selection—or, blinded by big bang blackness
- The singularity—a ‘Dark’ beginning
- Inflation—all in the ‘Dark’
- Is there definitive evidence for an expanding universe?
- Missing cosmic sources elude astrophysicists
- Dark Matter and the Standard Model of particle physics—a search in the ‘Dark’
- Dark radiation in big bang cosmology
- A missing neutrino—Dark radiation
- Expansion of space—a Dark science