The universe is truly vast; tens of billions of light-years in size. If the universe is only about 6000 years old how do we see galaxies at all, which are more than 6000 light-years away? This is the biblical creationist starlight travel time problem. I present 5 categories wherein potential solutions may be found. Besides the big bang also has a light travel time problem—the horizon problem—besides many other various problems.
Lecture was given August 1st 2015. See Age and Reason Seminar Adelaide for details.
See also other lectures given at the same seminar:
- A 6000-year-old universe! Who says? Who cares?
- Development of an “old” universe in science
- Doesn’t radiometric dating prove the Earth is billions of years old?
- What about those 100-million-year-old dinosaur fossils?
Related Reading and Viewing
- STARLIGHT AND TIME: IS IT A BRICK WALL FOR BIBLICAL CREATION? (lecture notes)
- SOLUTIONS TO THE BIBLICAL CREATIONIST STARLIGHT-TRAVEL-TIME PROBLEM
- MY COSMOLOGY FROM MY BOOK “STARLIGHT, TIME AND THE NEW PHYSICS”
- SYNOPSIS: A BIBLICAL CREATIONIST COSMOGONY
- FAULKNER’S MIRACULOUS TRANSLATION OF LIGHT MODEL WOULD LEAVE EVIDENCE
- UNIVERSE: EXPANDING OR STATIC?
- IS THE UNIVERSE EXPANDING?
- IS THERE DEFINITIVE EVIDENCE FOR AN EXPANDING UNIVERSE?
- A SOLUTION TO THE CREATIONIST STARLIGHT-TRAVEL-TIME PROBLEM
- THE ANISOTROPIC SYNCHRONY CONVENTION MODEL AS A SOLUTION TO THE CREATIONIST STARLIGHT-TRAVEL-TIME PROBLEM — PART I
- THE ANISOTROPIC SYNCHRONY CONVENTION MODEL AS A SOLUTION TO THE CREATIONIST STARLIGHT-TRAVEL-TIME PROBLEM — PART II
- JASON LISLE DEFENDS HIS ASC MODEL
- ABERRATION OF STARLIGHT AND THE ONE-WAY SPEED OF LIGHT
- SCRIPTURE AND A STATIC UNIVERSE BIBLICAL CREATION COSMOGONY