This lecture deals the historical philosophical development of the notion that the universe is very old. It outlines how worldviews have changed and developed that are intended to replace the biblical worldview with an atheistic humanist worldview. That has meant assuming long ages for the earth and the universe. It is shown how in reality it is a pagan worldview that has grown to dominate ‘so-called science’ today. It is not actually science but scientism. Evidence/observations do not speak for themselves, they must be interpreted and nowadays it is all within the big bang/evolution/”old” universe worldview.
Lecture was given August 1st 2015. See Age and Reason Seminar Adelaide for details.
See also other lectures given at the same seminar:
- A 6000-year-old universe! Who says? Who cares?
- Doesn’t radiometric dating prove the Earth is billions of years old?
- Starlight and Time: Is it a brick wall for biblical creation?
- What about those 100-million-year-old dinosaur fossils?
Related Reading and Viewing
- DEVELOPMENT OF AN “OLD” UNIVERSE IN SCIENCE (lecture notes)
- WHY IS A 6000-YEAR-OLD UNIVERSE SO HARD TO BELIEVE?
- SCIENCE THE NEW RELIGION
- RELIGION IN SCIENCE
- THE BIBLE IS STILL RELEVANT IN THIS AGE OF SCIENCE!
- HELL ON EARTH?
- SOFT SQUISHY TISSUE IN 80 MILLION YEAR OLD DINOSAUR BONES?
- APOLLO MOON LANDING HOAX AND THE ‘FACE ON MARS’
- age of the earth
- age of the universe
- atheistic worldview
- biblical worldview
- Cosmic microwave background radiation
- cosmological principle
- Dark Energy
- Dark Matter
- Edwin Hubble
- expanding universe
- fathers of science
- John Hartnett
- light travel time problem
- origin of the Universe