—The bankruptcy of big-bang thinking and its ‘dark’ fudge factors
Six important questions are asked in regards to the alleged big bang origin of the Universe? These questions highlight the bankruptcy of big bang thinking, about the origin of the universe that needs numerous fudge factors.
Embracing the ‘darkness’ has led man to develop unprovable fudge factors to plug the holes in his failed theory. I deal with each of these:
- Where did the Universe come from?
- How did nothing explode?
- How did stars and galaxies form?
- Why does CMB ‘light’ cast no shadows?
- Why the ‘Axis of Evil’?
- What about expansion of space?
…. 14 more problems are listed but not discussed in any detail.
Six major fudge factors are highlighted as a result but there are many more. The big bang needs these unverifiable fudge factors; so why hasn’t it been discarded? The answer is simple. The alternative, for the atheist–a Creator God–is unbearable, and for the compromised theist or deist, who accepts a big bang origin for the universe, the Creator as described by a straightforward reading of the Bible, is unbearable.
An illustrated talk presented at the Creation Ministries International 2016 Creation SuperCamp at The Tops Conference Centre, NSW, 7:30 pm Monday January 4, 2016.
Video of powerpoint presentation
Piercing the Darkness as Powerpoint slides (12 MB)
Piercing the Darkness as PDF (3.3 MB)
Related Reading and Viewing
- Cosmology’s Achilles’ heel
- Lemaitre’s cosmology leads back to Rome
- The big bang is pagan philosophy
- Cosmic mythology: Exposing the big bang as philosophy not science
- Cosmology is Not Science
- Big Bang Fudge Factors
- ‘Cosmology is not even astrophysics’
- ‘Dark photons’: Another cosmic fudge factor
- The big bang is not a Reason to Believe!
- On the origin of universes by means of natural selection—or, blinded by big bang blackness
- The singularity—a ‘Dark’ beginning
- Inflation—all in the ‘Dark’
- Is there definitive evidence for an expanding universe?
- Missing cosmic sources elude astrophysicists
- Dark Matter and the Standard Model of particle physics—a search in the ‘Dark’
- Dark radiation in big bang cosmology
- A missing neutrino—Dark radiation
- Expansion of space—a Dark science
- Big Bang
- Big Bang Theory
- Book of Genesis
- Cosmic microwave background radiation
- cosmological principle
- Dark Energy
- Dark Matter
- Edwin Hubble
- ejection of quasars from galaxies
- expansion of the universe
- galaxy formation
- Genesis creation narrative
- Hubble law
- John Hartnett
- origin of the Universe
- Physical cosmology
- Stephen Hawking